Education and Experience
- Senior Liability Underwriter (Corporate Customers, International Division) at a leading Swiss Insurance Group (1990/1998)
- Private Insurance Specialist, Federal Diploma (1995)
- Legal Studies University of Zurich (1996/2001)
- Legal Claims Counsel at Swiss Re New Markets (2001/2002)
- District Court of Meilen (2002/2003)
- Admitted to the bar (2004)
- Attorney at Law at Badertscher Attorneys at Law since 2005 – Partner since 2009
- Zürcher Anwaltsverband (ZAV)
- Schweizerischer Anwaltsverband (SAV)
- Schweiz. Vereinigung der diplomierten Versicherungsfachleute (ASDA)
- Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Haftpflicht- und Versicherungsrecht (SGHVR)
- Member and selected attorney on Who’s Who Legal
Prescription period for paid sick day allowance clarified. In an extensive series of cases the Federal Supreme Court has laid out the rules regarding the applicable limitation periods in insurance law.
FINMA circular on market conduct rules extended to apply to insurers. Following the entry into force of the new Swiss rules on insider dealing and manipulation in the revised Stock Exchange Act and the implementation of the Stock Exchange Ordinance on May 1 2013, the Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) conducted a consultation process for an amended circular.
Strict rules for disclosure of risk factors confirmed. In a recent decision the Federal Supreme Court dismissed the appeal of an insured individual who challenged the rescission of a private insurance contract for misrepresentation.